Mini Egg chocolate bar - Is this the holy grail?

Sunday 24 January 2021


 

Over the last few weeks there has been lots of chat on Instagram about the new Cadbury Mini Egg chocolate bar. I love chocolate and Cadburys and Mini Eggs, so new that if I could find it, it would likely be a winner for me!

However, the problem is, it's apparently very elusive and difficult to find. On people's usual "big shops" they weren't spotting it anywhere. And as we're currently in Lockdown, I'm barely leaving the house, so assumed the likelihood of me finding it to sample this new chocolaty goodness, would be slim.

I'd seen someone mention that they'd picked up a few bars in their local B&M, or maybe it was Home Bargains - it was definitely one of the two. A couple of weekends ago me and my Dad were on a mission to buy a toaster and an alarm clock. I know, it's a very strange combination of electricals, don't ask. So we ended up going to B&M, and whilst walking around the place, I remembered the person from Insta who'd found it there, so kept my eye out, but alas, they didn't have any!

The next day I popped into the local mini co-op to get some WFH lunch food for the week, and in one of the aisle ends, they had a big "Easter" chocolate selection. Cream Eggs, Lindt, Mini Eggs, Smartie Eggs AND, Mini Egg chocolate bars! I nearly squealed in the middle of the shop, I didn't, but it was very close. I know, I know, it's really lame, but we're in the middle of a pandemic, I leave the house once, sometimes twice a week. So it really is the little things that make the big difference.

I've now had multiple Mini Egg chocolate bars over the last few weeks, and can say with complete confidence it's FANTASTIC! And potentially does warrant holy grail chocolate status. 

It's extremely moreish, it's sweet but not at all sickly and you can easily finish a whole family size bar in 10 minutes or so!