Cause you said ours were the lighthouse towers

Monday, 1 September 2014







Outfit 
Culottes - Urban Outfitters  Jacket - Topshop
Sunglasses - Ebay  Tshirt - Urban Outfitters
Bag - Camden Market  Shoes - Primark 

A week or so ago me and my mum spent a few days in good ol' London, to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical (it was brilliant, soooo good!) Of course, we also did some shopping, and did some serious damage in Urban Outfitters. After trying the clothes on in the shop I couldn't help myself but wear some of them the next day whilst exploring London a little more, and so this outfit was born!
At first I wasn't 100% sure about these culottes but after trying them on with this cute little black tee, I just fell in love, after wearing them for a day I fell even further! They're just soft and comfy, yet still so beautiful and chic. I'm not usually one for colour, I find monochrome way easier to wear, but these culottes may have just converted me. I'm also really excited to find new ways to wear them, so I may end up creating a Ways to Wear post or video, or both, as they're just a really awesome, intriguing piece.

I wanted to let you guys know that I've started a 'Holl JC' style focused tumblr (here). I'd love it if you guys would go and check it out if you have tumblr accounts, I'm always after new tumblrs to add to my dashboard so I'd love to check yours out too! I also have a personal tumblr which is linked at the top of my style one, so if you want to have a nosey at that then feel free!

I also wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who reads, comments and follows my blog. Today is officially it's second birthday! Two years has gone crazy quickly, and now, once again I'm off on another adventure. When I first started this blog I was just about to head off to college (sixth form), now two years on I'm weeks away from heading to uni, another insanely exciting yet nerve wracking chapter in my life.

Love
God bless
36 comments on "Cause you said ours were the lighthouse towers"
  1. You look amazing! I've been reading through your posts and love your sense of style. I am now following you on Bloglovin' and can't wait to read more posts! Would be great if you could follow back xx

    Jessie at http://allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're stunning! happy 2nd birthday to your blog!~
    and good luck in uni :D

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realllly cute look, I like that top!! Happy blog birthday. ;)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy second blog birthday! I love the chic outfit. Great mix of pattern, pop of colour and layering.

    Wardrobe Quarry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of your culottes! They look so perfect with the t-shirt :)

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! I love Urban outfitters, they have so many cute clothes :)
    xx

    amelia-kay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit! You look so trendy!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! Urban Outfitters is just the best.& You should definitely do a Ways To Wear post, it's a great idea! xx
    Summer,
    http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo in love with this outfit! I think it's one of my faves of yours that I have seen so far. The musical must've been awesome!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally loving this look!! You're perfectly transitioned into fall and I love the jacket!!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! I love culottes but don't think I can pull them off but love the colour of these ones with the black top. xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit, really need to invest in some culottes

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect! that culottes look chic on you! but the whole look just awesome!
    love your style :)

    www.cinwilsoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this look! cute blog

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the autumnal colors within the outfit. just looking at it, i can't wait for actual fall weather here.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow think this is my fave outfit or yours yet! I love the culottes. I was looking for some sunglasses like this for my holiday and couldn't find any :( what did you type in please :)?

    http://trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your comment on my blog, this is is a lovely post, I love the culottes! :)
    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the mustard pop of colour! Great outfit!


    In case you want to grow natural and healthy hair please visit my blog, i'm just beginning but it would mean a lot! Thank you!!! Kisses from Barcelona! www.hairtohips.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfit is just gorgeous! I love your jacket, it looks perfect with the culottes :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally love this outfit, so pretty and unique! xxx
    http://kheiranicolexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool outfit! I love how this outfit just looks so girly and badass with just the right amount of "I don't care attitude" thrown in. I really love your printed pants! It looks cool!

    And happy birthday to you blog by the way! :)

    Tiffany
    Tragic Couturist

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! you pull of these culottes amazingly! yay for autumn-y colours! <3

    www.thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look nice, hope you enjoy uni

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Culottes are so difficult to pull off well and you do it well! So well done, too many well's there but hey.

    Mayflower - Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this, I'm obsessed with culottes at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your culottes are just gorgeous. The girl, the print, the length...you really could do no wrong with those.
    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm loving your outfit <3 You're rocking these culottes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This makes me desire fall even more, such a nice outfit! Loved how you paird those pants with the t-shirt, genious!
    FASHION ENVIOUS

    ReplyDelete

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...