Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Regina George Brownies

Whilst having a read of some blogs recently, I came across this post, on Meg's blog, Kind of Lovely. The post was a quick and easy recipe for 'Slutty Brownies', yes you did read that right, 'Slutty Brownies', and once I'd read it, I just had to make them, and of course share them with you guys too! 
They're scrummy and delicious and sweet and rich and amazing, so yeah, read on if you want to see how to make them! The simplest way I found to describe these is that they're a Brownie, Cookie, Oreo hybrid. Yep, you read that part right too.  
Oh and why are they called 'Slutty Brownies'? I hear you ask, cause they're easy!  
So you may be wondering why I changed their name to 'Regina George Brownies'. When explaining to my Nan what I was going to be baking, I knew me telling her 'Slutty Brownies' would meet with disapproval and one of those glances. So I changed the name to 'Regina George Brownies' knowing she'd have absolutely no clue who Regina George was, but that for most people they'd get the reference.
As I said by the rather lol-able joke I borrowed from Meg's blog, these are super easy as you use packet mixes for all of the individual components, but if you have your own cookie or brownie mixes that you love, go ahead and use those!   
Ingredients:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 
- Brownie Mix
- Oreo's, I needed 2 packets and used double stuffed
- 1 Tsp oil
-Mini Marshmallows 
-All/any ingredients need for your mixes.

Step 1 -
Preheat the oven to the temperature given on your Brownie mix box, and bake for the time given for the Brownies too.

Step 2 -
Prepare your Cookie mix as instructed on your box/packet, and add 1 teaspoon of oil, as you will be cooking them for longer than recommended. I also added a hand full of mini marshmallows too. 
Step 3 - 
Once your Cookie mix is a dough put it into the bottom of a greased baking tray, covering the bottom of the tray.  
Step 4 - 
Add a layer of Oreo's covering the Cookie dough, I squished mine in but use as many or little as you want.
Step 5 -
Prepare the Brownie mix as instructed on your box.
Step 6 -
Pour the Brownie mix over the top of the Oreo's and Cookie dough, covering the whole of the top of the baking tray. 
Step 7 -
Bake for the amount of time given on your Brownie mix, but give a 5 minute allowance either side. Then take out and leave to cool.
Step 8 -
Take out when still a little warm or when completely cool it's up to you, but cut your Brownies into squares and enjoy. I also warmed one up in the microwave a few days after making them and it tasted divine, so you could also try that too!   

Love
God bless

26 comments:

  1. Just looking at these make me hungry. Oh god, I'd eat them all up straight away xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah these look so good!

    http://www.velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh my god these look incredible xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha 'slutty brownies' :') omgosh these are
    perfect for any movie marathon dates with your
    girls :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've never seen brownies like that before! Ultimate sweet tooth craving.

    Let me know if you would like to keep in touch and follow one another.

    Ryli :)
    PearlofmyEye.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh these look so good! + I'm afraid I still haven't sent your prize, I pro,use I'll get on it soon! X

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha love the new name for these! They look so tasty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this recipe :) I need to try it especially with the oreos such a nice twist to a classic recipe xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish there was a bag of these in my kitchen right about now, I'd love to take some to work haha!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh u keeding me? this just made my mouth watere!


    francesca
    FrankVinyl

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing, I will have to try them. Something my dad would enjoy so maybe I will do them for Father's Day in June. Thanks for sharing, great blog!

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that looks extremely yummy and the name "Regina George Brownies" makes it even more perfect!
    First time visiting your blog and I really liked it, it's lovely!! :)
    Kisses from Argentina!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The brownie looking so awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my this looks so good! definitely gonna make this someday soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god, these look delicious!!!

    Pretty please could you nominate me in Cosmopoltan's blog awards 2014? I would really appreciate the support and it only takes a second or two I promise! Please follow this link to vote for me: http://www.next.co.uk/cosmo-blog-awards/

    Thanks so much! Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm, these are look delicious!
    xoxo,
    Brooke

    Silver Linings

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has made me so hungry! They look so yummy. Xx

    100 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy, thanks for share this recipe!

    Boyfriend jeans, plaid shirt and slip-on, new look on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh.... these look out of this WORLD! I could so eat these right now xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my this looks absolutely amazing!! I really want to eat these now :P
    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my God! I should try that!
    Btw, can we follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg these look incredible! x

    underbluelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look so good! I am the worst at baking!!! Might give these a whirl on my week off though! x
    Amelia
    (trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness they look so indulgent!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...