Sunday, 26 January 2014

Tough cookie

Baking at the weekends is becoming rather a regular event in our house, even if it is a little annoying for my dad (who's trying to lose weight). This week I'd been flicking through one of my mums cook books and ended up stealing a few of her sticky labels (the yellow and circle ones) to mark of recipes that I wanted to try. And on Saturday it was the turn of the, 'classic choc chip cookies'.
So today I thought I'd show you guys how I made these delicious looking treats (with a lot more info/help than my last recipe post)
Oh and these cookies aren't in anyway tough, just in case the post title is misleading! 
You will need:
175g Self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
A good pinch of bicarbonate of soda
115g unsalted butter, very soft
60g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
60g light muscovado sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
175g plain chocolate chunks or chips
(optional) 75g walnut or peacan pieces

Makes 24

Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 190C (375F) or Gas 5  
Step 2 - Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon

Step 3 - Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto several greased baking trays, making sure they're well apart
Step 4 - Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly coloured and just firm. Let cool on the trays for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 

Hopefully that was simple and easy for you all to follow, these are so so yummy! Although I think we left one of the trays in a little too long, but never mind! They still tasted good!

Love and cuddles
God bless

16 comments:

  1. These looks so yummy, I think I might bake some cookies tonight :)

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy
    www.adoramehitabel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only yesterday, I was thinking to myself that I might take up baking! Or at least improve on it! I'm really rubbish and impatient with baking, so I thought it would be a good challenge for myself to do this year! This has spurred me on to bake, the ingredients look so good in the bowl and the finished product looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do these cookies!
    www.agoprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy!! I will sure try this recipe.
    xx,
    misstatybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so yummy, I'm going to try this recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum...chocolate chip cookies are the best!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so delish!!!

    PS. We've a Giveaway to Win LuLu*s Dresses for a Year on our blog! Check it out!

    ox from NYC!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Visit my blog for beauty and fashion tips and find out what I'm wearing. If you like say hi! xo

    amuurblog.blogspot.com

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG share! That looks soooo good.

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...