Hakuna Matata....

Tuesday, 14 May 2013



Outfit -
Lion costume/onesie - Ebay
T-shirt (under costume) - Henry Holland for designers at Debinhams
Rings - Pia, Ale hop
Bracelet - Ale hop

Hi there everyone!
As you can see, today's outfit post is a little different than usual!
If you follow me on instagram (holljc) then you'll know that, Saturday evening, I went to a film themed fancy dress party, and in my typical Disney obsessed fashion I went as a Disney character. Simba, to be exact! I really had no clue what to go as, but when I had the idea to go as a lion, I was set on it! I absolutely loved wearing this costume, as, well, it was really comfy. And just such fun to prance around pretending to be a lion for an evening. Although I was rather hot after dancing around in it, as it's made of a very soft if not extremely thick material!
I found this costume/onesie on ebay! It took me a while to decide what to order, because I knew for sure that an adults would not fit me, as they're one size fits all, meaning they fit 6 foot men. So they definitely would not fit teeny weeny me. But once I found the one you can see above, I was in love. I wanted that exact one! The problem? It's a childs! In the end I ordered it in XXL, which is for 11-13 year olds. My theory being that I know some 12/13 year olds who are taller than me, so maybe it'll fit.
Clearly I was right! 
And my small person complex continues, as I am actually the size of your average 11-13 year old! Although it was a little too small, hence why I only had the hood up in one picture, as it didn't stay up! All I can say is growth spurt you better come quickly!
Anyhow, enough of my small person rambles! If you're looking for a costume for a fancy dress party or a child you know is, then check the link above out! Although the lion costume is sold out, but there is still lots and lots of others to look at!
I had such an awesome evening pretending to be a Lion, listening to some of my friends doing amazing renditions of some classic songs on the karaoke and having a good old boogie! 
So I'll leave you with a few pictures from the night! 
Oh and below the pictures, is a video one of my friends made of the evening! See if you can guess what some of my friends went as and have a peek at the craziness I'm surrounded by! (I love it though)



Have you been to a fancy dress party recently? What do you think of my choice of character? What do you think of the video?
Love and cuddles
God bless
post signature
10 comments on "Hakuna Matata...."
  1. Hey there, great pictures! Hope you've had a lovely week. Would be great if we followed each other so let me know on my blog, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute :) and thank you so much for all your kind words, your comments really do make my day sweetie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cute (:
    Lovely photos!!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I really really love ur blog :)

    xx

    kisses from -- I want to live in L. A --

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is literally the cutest onesie ever, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute ottd haha x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. RAWR!! Awww, you're adorable. I still try to squeeze into kids fancy dress costumes. 0:)

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...