In the lane snow is glistening...

Saturday 19 January 2013






Outfit -
Coat - AWear
Shirt - Topshop
Skirt - Topshop
Wellies - Barratts

Hey everyone!
Hope you're having lovely weekends so far! And making the most of the snow!
This was me trudging about in it in our front garden this morning! I didn't properly go out today, as I've spent the day revising for my mock's. Russian History really is the best! Oh, and on that note, if I'm a bit MIA next week. It's because it's my mock week, but after that I'll be back to business! And I've ordered a tripod, so that'll be arriving at some point, yay! Which should make my fashion/ootd posts (like this one) a bit more regular!
But anyway. As you might have read at the beginning of my last post (here) yesterday we got a heck of a lot of snow. Like more than I think I've seen around here for as long as I can remember. The lady on the radio was calling it the 'Snowmageddon'. Which when I first heard it wasn't very funny, but now i do find rather amusing. 'Why?' I hear you ask. Baso, to keep a very long story short. I decided to go into college, (silly me)because of the mocks next week. But then it started snowing really really heavy! And my dad wasn't coming to get me until half 1, which then changed to half 12. So in typical little ol' Holl JC fashion, i started to stress, big style. Thinking I may end up getting stuck at college, then, at 11 college decided it was closing at 12. And everyone including the staff started to leave, and i was just sat there, on my todd stressing out and wanting to go home. Really wanting to go home! But, just as planned my dad picked me up (saved me). I don't think I've ever been so happy to see our car in my little ol' life. It took us an hour and a half to get from my college to home, when it normally only takes 20 mins. But get home we did! (YAY!)
I don't think I've ever had such an emotionally exhausting day! But anyway, this was my outfit to face the day (except the wellies) and I liked it so much, i decided to pop it back on today. Only now am I realising that I'm pretty much wearing all blue. Yep! Except from my tights, everything I'm wearing is blue! 
My coat, which is blue. Is one I've had for years, and that I've been wearing this week simply because it's warm and has a hood. It really is cosy when you button it up, which is just what I've needed this week! My wellies, which are blue. Are ones I got from Barratts a few years ago before going camping. In both mud and snow, I've got my wear out of them! I really like the pattern, as it's something a bit different! But really, they're just wellies, and they do the job perfectly! Oh, except when they get filled with rain water, like last time I went camping, but that's another story! 
I absolutely love my denim, blue, shirt from Topshop! I think denim shirts can be a real wardrobe staple, as they're so so versatile! It goes with all of the skirts in my wardrobe too! What more could I want, ey! 
My Skirt, which is also blue. Is one that I had for Christmas! It's a topshop petites, which is even better! It's the same style as my black skater skirt (seen here) but shorter, which is just perfect for petite me! I also love it as it's not just a plain block colour. It's speckled, giving a slightly different and more interesting effect, which I really like!
What do you think of my outfit? Do you own or wear a lot of blue?  Did you get a lot of snow yesterday? Did you think you might get stuck somewhere?
Love and cuddles
God bless
post signature