What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Friday 22 September 2017

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

I spotted this quote for about the millionth time whilst scrolling through Instagram. But this time it really got me thinking, and hey presto, a new blog post.


I’m currently at a cross roads of my life, I’ve recently graduated from uni and am applying for jobs whilst trying to figure out what it is I really want from and for my life. When poised with the question, what would I do if I knew I couldn’t fail, my mind and imagination runs riot. I’ve previously been described as a dreamer, and have always had a pretty overactive imagination; so when I think about the question of what would I do if I couldn’t fail, various pictures flash through my mind.

Would I write a book? Sail the world? Learn to play an instrument? Start my own business? Become an interior designer? Open a shop? Start a magazine? Be my own boss?

I guess the world is my oyster, as they say.

But where do I go from here? I have ideas, options, goals, dreams – I’m pretty sure we all do! The quote that started this whole post obviously oozes positivity, but life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. Often things don’t always go the way we expect, want or hope. Dreams, hopes and all that lot don’t pay the bills or put food on the table, no matter how much we may want them to.

But, maybe if each day we put in a little time and effort towards one of our goals or dreams, all those days will come together and eventually lead to what we’ve always wanted or desired for our little life.


One step down the road every day will get us to the other end, and that is a really exciting prospect!